FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard by Marriott Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, FL [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:26 pm
gloobnib

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I stayed here last month and agree with your experiences.

The room(oceanfront) was average and the bathroom was extremely small,with a pedestal sink-thus no counter space. Quaint,but pretty nonfunctional.

Larger refrigerator,but no freezer in it.

As a Plat, I was disappointed that I did not get an upgrade except for a higher floor. I never assume I will get one,but if there is space available, a property can garner some goodwill by upgrading. There were plenty of vacancies,according to staff.

The room was very clean.

The outdoor bar is a nice touch.

It is a good location if you want low-key beach time. But they charge 20 per day for lounges on the beach-pretty steep for a basic property.

You will definitely need a car,as there is not much nearby and airport transportation is pretty much nonexistent.
Agree with most everything above. Just stayed here after returning from a cruise 1/19 to 1/22. It is a bit of a drive from MIA/FLL but is *very* nice for a CY, IMHO.

While the bathroom was small (and I didn't like the glass door as well), the shower was huge.

Save your money on beach chair rental - $30/day each!. Buy some at the WalMart in Stewart, or just ask the front desk for a bunch of towels (free) and build your own beach blanket.

Lots of great local restaurants in Stewart / Jensen Beach as well. Yelp! is your friend. Prices for local food were a little on the high side, but it was all very tasty. Try the Italian joint directly in front of the hotel...

I booked 3 rooms using my Megabonus Free Category 4 certificates. As a Platinum, I was upgraded to an oceanview balcony without asking in the "king size bed" room for me and my wife. The two other rooms for my extended family (both 2x queen beds) were across the hallway with no balcony but still had a sliding glass door that opened to a view of the parking lot. All 3 were on the 6th floor.

Staff was attentive and friendly. All in all, I am very pleased with the experience and would definitely consider returning in the future.