FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:37 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by FWAAA

There's no need to resort to name-calling.

Doug Parker has done alright with the poor hand he was dealt. No argument there.
There's is no name calling - it is the same as being a liberal or a conservative. You and others have staked a specific position and use that lens to analyze every new bit of information to support your position.

You and others post AA blah blah blah AA can do no wrong, and there are other posters who believe the world ends with DL and they put their spin on it.

As you know there are posters here who continuously post that DP is the second coming of the devil. There are others who liken Tom Horton to a superstar. I don't see either of them as having a track record that gives one something to be excited about.

In terms of the merger, clearly BA's CEO thinks its a good thing - and if he thought the merger would result in a collapse of the combined entity it is doubtful he would support it. From a consumer standpoint, I don't think UA/CO or DL/NW particularly with a combined US/AA is a good thing. From a frequent traveler perspective I think it will shake out in hindsight as a bad thing. Are these mergers the only way we can have a stable domestic industry. Hard to say.

But please get over yourself - if you want to take a position, at least own up to it instead of trying deflect the point that you have strong feelings about keeping AA independent and happily regurgitate the AA PR line.