FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:42 am
Carolinian

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
This can still turn out pretty well. Waiting till the last one has some advantages as well as you know where your competitors went wrong and what course they decided to take. So I hope that AA has learned a lot from United and Delta.

I for sure hope that AA & US will decide on creating a product that differentiates them from United & Delta. It was clear that this was what AA intended to do and I hope it survives the merger.
AA already has a product that is differentiated, in a positive way from DL and UA. If Dogie Parker gets his hands on AA, that is likely to change is a very negative way, as most thinks connected with Parker do.

The best way for AA to survive and for this to turn out pretty well is for AA to avoid getting stuck with US' debt load and Parker's bribes to the unions, which would reverse everything Horton has accomplished in bankruptcy. AA needs to remain independent. When Parker finishes destroying US, then AA can pick up the pieces it wants on the cheap.