FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:37 am
mattsteg

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by c_d
I can still remember the issues and the mistreatment from DL just after the EU passenger rights were activated. Over time and partially through directly involving AF+KLM, it has gotten better.

However, IMHO they'll use those profiles for implementing/supporting their customer valuation programs (such as MQD or a "score card" for dealing with IROPS) in which non-U.S. fliers are once more being displayed as the worst of the bottom feeders. From what I could see in the brief moment of having the data displayed, they only counted the U.S. spend (charged to an U.S. credit card) but did not include any spending on other cards. They take a foreign post code and match it as closely as possible to an U.S. postcode. In other words: why country code is displayed as DE and the state as NY. They assume me being located somewhere in upstate NY but it's a foreign post code ... income for me is stated as "8". Spend is a little over 14k, which pretty much reflects the a/i costs of all flights originating in the U.S. in 2012.

I am with mnredfox here, let's see whether we receive a different treatment from DL in the foreseeable future because when most of the data is missing we just appear like customers not worth pursuing anymore to the untrained customer representative eye. Do we really and honestly think that a big red warning window magically appears on the rep's screen saying: "ATTN: NON-U.S. CUSTOMER, IGNORE INCOMPLETE PROFILING DATA AND TREAT AS GOOD PAX"?
Presumably the customer value score takes care of that last bit, and if it doesn't then they've decided they don't value you. Maybe mindset comes in to play. Is the "untrained customer representative" going to be looking directly at the profile, or at an output such as those?