FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:22 am
KevinB

Into JFK at 22:30... UA moves return to 6am. Options?

So, in setting up a mileage run in March, BUR-DEN-IAD-JFK, I decided I could live with flying into JFK at 10:30pm and JFK-IAD-SFO-BUR at 7:00am. (I'll do anything for 6221 miles at 3cpm!)

I figured that by the time I got to my hotel and crashed it would be probably 11:30... I could sleep til around 4:30am, get back to the airport around 5:30am and manage with only 5 hours of sleep...

Today, I check my schedule online, and UA has changed my 7:00am flight to 6:00am! I don't even know where to begin...

I can just about survive with 5 hours sleep, but 4? Ughh... Might as well fly with no carry on, skip the hotel, and go into Manhattan for a few hours, then head back to JFK and fly back!

Can I call UA and see if they'll let me change to a later flight for $75? There's a JFK-SFO-BUR leaving at 8:10. Should I just try to do a SDC when I check in at BUR? I'm exhausted already, and the trip isn't for 6 more weeks.