FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:53 am
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
My wife and I are trying to decide among three hotels in Hong Kong: the Intercontinental Grand Stanford and the two Hyatt Regencies (TST and Sha Tin). We can get roughly equivalent discount rates at HR TST and Grand Stanford, about 20% less at HR Sha Tin.

I'm Hyatt Diamond and have two suite upgrades expiring at the end of February. I am a "Platinum Ambassador" at Intercontinental but I gather that a suite upgrade there is not likely. We have read extensively in the various threads that address these three properties, but we're still not sure.

Some travelers seem to think HR TST is in the "not-to-be-missed" category. But if Grand Stanford is roughly equivalent, then perhaps we should stay there. We were initially put off by HR Sha Tin's location, but if its proximity to the subway station makes it quick and easy to get into Kowloon, and if it is equivalent to Grand Stanford and HR TST in elegance and comfort, then maybe we should stay there.

Thanks so much for whatever information and advice you can offer. In case it makes a difference, the three days in question are February 9-12. (I should add that this post is quite similar to one I just posted in the Hyatt forum. I hope this does not transgress FlyerTalk etiquette and that it does not inconvenience anyone.)
This post is probably in the wrong thread and maybe even the wrong forum (HK one may be more appropriate). Also note that there are two ICs in HK, and this thread is not about the GS. I have only stayed at the IC HK (not the GS) so can't comment on any of your choices, but would say that the Sha Tin, even with subway access is sub-par, especially given it is the same price as the others. It is much, much further out, and basically, you would not easily be able to return to the hotel during the day.

tb