FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:32 pm
jykt

Programs: DL Platinum, QF, VA, AA, UA, US, SQ, EK, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Fairmont
Data mining and profiling is a fact of life. I know that Amazon profiles me and recommends me stuff that it thinks that I may be interested. I don't object to profiling and data mining so long as it is accurate. I monitor my credit report and keep an eye on my FICO scores to get the best rates from financial institutions. That said, I'm sad that DL has closed the gates. I would love to see how my DL scores fluctuate over time.

I am still intrigued about my custValSeg and mindsetSeg scores. I am a recently minted PM. From 1996-2011, I was hovering back and forth between FO and no status because 80% of my flights were LUT leisure trips. From 2011-now, I have a new job that requires regular TPAC flights, hence the jump from FO to GM and now PM. In 2012, TPAC flights accounted for 80% of my flights. All my TPAC flights are LUT per employer policy to fly on the cheapest fares.

I don't have any Amex cards, so Amex isn't sharing data with DL for sure. I earn my miles and status the old-fashioned way, i.e., actual flying.

My custValSeg = 1 and my mindsetSeg= BH (which I think means bargain hunter, if it reflects my traveling patterns on budget fares). Does custvalSeg=1 refer to LUT fares being the predominant fares that I fly on?

I would be interested to see how DL plans to use this data.