FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:23 pm
Vuelos

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by CJKatl
It appears from the document linked on an earlier post that DL has been using these scores and codes and that DL employees are well aware of these. I still find it interesting that nobody from DL has anonymously posted what everything means and how it is used.
You assume too much, darling. DL.com is marketing/IT. To think they talk to Customer Service / CorpComm / Operations is asking too much... Have you spent time in a large company?

Originally Posted by doubleA
Also, this should be interesting from DL's perception of FT... If we're all valued at 0/1/2/3... FT is a noisy channel of low spenders. But, it might have also borne the fact that there's not just noisy low spenders here... Some of us care about our PM or DM status-- sure... but we might also be their most valuable customers learning from each other and from DL on FT.
+1.

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Vuelos, good thing about FT is that there are people who post who actually know about which they are posting. It's appreciated.
@:-)

Originally Posted by CJKatl
It could be here that "0" simply means DL doesn't have enough data to rate the customer.
It could but do you really think that's the case? I've got friends who are in the 20's...

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
DLCORP Guy is here coincidence? Please explain what this is to us?
DL listens while we talk, you know that.

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I agree. I'm fascinated by the topic because I work in marketing/PR where audience segmentation is a key to success.

I wonder how fluid the scores are? For example, after 3/1 when my status is gone, would other metrics change too? Makes sense that they would.
NRSA scum? Is that a level?

Originally Posted by amolkold
My sister on the other hand has a different address, and has a much different profile, despite both of us flying the same # of miles on DL last year.
Someone with good insight!

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Like many companies, Delta uses demographic and other data to help provide a personalized experience for our customers, improve how we communicate with them and design offers customized to their interests. While the data displayed was only available to the specific user, we sincerely regret that this code displayed and the confusion it may have caused for our customers. We worked to resolve the issue promptly upon discovering it.
Thanks Paul! Hope your loyal Social Media Ambassadors were helpful in this.

Originally Posted by Ti22
Excuse me? Obviously, SOMEBODY other than myself views and uses this information on a regular basis. Maybe not casual visitors to a discussion forum but people in your organization pass around and view my personal info as if it were candy.
Welcome to the 21st century.

Originally Posted by BogusRogus
I suppose we of course all knew this was happening, but at the same time I think it's normal to find this a little unsettling.

This is the 21century way to try to do that on a mass scale - but it loses it's personal touch and has a creepy feel.
You sir/ma'am must work in marketing. Big Data is the wave of today not yesterday.