FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:36 pm
mcdevit

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by zhaobao
decided that we could only afford to eat at Aung Mingalar Shan Noodles that evening. It was a lovely experience having noodles for New Year's Eve dinner and watching the world go by. Please enlighten me - do they really serve Shan food ? The menu looks quite Chinese-inspired. We were even speaking to the owner in Mandarin Chinese - she is the daughter of immigrants from Yunnan province if I remember correctly. The food did not differ much from what we would have in Hong Kong/Mainland, but it was the chatting with the owner and watching people going about their routines that made the experience interesting/unique.
^^^ We spent a week in RGN and ate at Aung Mingalar Shan Noodles at least once a day. The menu only has about twelve or thrteen items on it, but they are all good....especially the potstickers! Its a great place to eat, relax, have a big Myanmar Beer and just watch the streetlife.

A couple of the diminuatively beautiful waitresses speak English and I happened to ask if the food was authentic Shan food. The answer was "Yes, the noodles." Whatever that means.....