FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:31 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My mosaic is funny too. I wonder if they assigned these based on zip codes.

Now I'm curious what AmEx privacy policy is about sharing financial data with DL. Of course DL knows if we have a DL affiliated card attached to our FF account and they know about any other cards stored in our profile or that we've used to pay for tickets with our FF number. I would hope that AmEx doesn't share our financial data with outside merchants, even if there is a tight relationship. Of course, much of this is puuclicly available, but it would seem to be a lot of work to fill in this data for every FFer from online databases. (For example, home values would be part of country tax records in many jurisdictions, although there can be a disconnect between appraised and market value.)

Could CustValSeg be our spend so far this year on DL tickets, excluding taxes, in thousands of dollars? That could explain mine, or mine might be my segments last year on M+ fares, but that seems like a very imperfect way to evaluate customers.