FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:18 am
msp2msy

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Wow. This was a fascinating hour this AM, so much so that I didn't even make the coffee until after.

My wife (GM) and I (DM, dropping to PM) both were categorized identically:

custValSeg = 0
mindsetSeg = FL
mosaicCD = K40 (aka Significant Singles, Bohemian Groove)

Delta, via the profile, has an accurate picture of our home value.

I'm really not sure how to interpret discretionary spend. Could be way off or dead on.

Income amount... If this is thousands, it's WAY off. If it's # of 10-thousands, pretty accurate.

But when I dug into the "Bohemian Groove" categorization from Experian, it's way, way off. Our age, marital status, wealth, income, spending profile, home ownership status, are all substantial outliers. On the metrics that I would think(in some cases KNOW) Experian has, I don't see how we could end up there.

The only things at all in favor of being categorized that way would be perhaps living in New Orleans and that our home was once a "double shotgun" (two units, side-by-side, in a single structure) but was converted to a single about 9 years ago. That last fact might contribute to them thinking we're renters since I still get an occasional piece of junk mail at the address for the 2nd unit that doesn't exist and the city's sewerage and water department had us miscategorized for a while. But Experian definitely knows all about our mortgages so you'd think they'd get that right.

Anyway, their marketing profile for us is way, way off.

I guess Delta won't be doing much for this "bohemian" if I threaten to jump ship since we sure don't look valuable!