FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 777's clip wings at IAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:35 am
Cuchulainn

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
Those gates at Dulles are horrid. Still cannot believe that they would park two 777s side by side.

I don't know... I think that UA should just fly out of there domestically only. Other than the locals who might get inconvenienced, EWR is a much more modern airport and allows for shorter connection times as well (and will get even better when UA abandons terminal A)
You cannot seriously be suggesting that United move all of its international traffic from IAD to EWR? IMHO EWR is the worst airport in the Northeast for connection hassles with their silly bus system. The delays are awful and I believe that they hire based on ability to be rude and unhelpful to passengers. Subjective issues aside, how will EWR handle the volume? It's not as if UA can simply cancel, for example, several (completely full) flights a day to LHR and consolidate that capacity via existing flights at EWR. And I'm not sure the NY metro airspace can accomodate these flights either -talk about increasing the chances for delays!

I'm sorry that you don't like IAD but I really value the direct service from IAD to LHR, GRU and NRT. I'll admit it's not the greatest airport in the world but for me the ability to get from wheels down to my front door in an hour is priceless. If UA takes your suggestion, I will be looking for another option.