FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lifetime loyalty programme soon to be introduced
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:56 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by T8191
It's interesting to see you choose BA, given your globe-trotting trail of disruption. Should we encourage you to fly with someone else, once the BA LTG kicks in for you?
Ha ha, no... The thing is, BA, unlike QF, have not managed to completely and utterly annoy me. Sure, they have caused me some minor annoyances, but not much. QF annoyed me big time on a number of occasions. So, I basically "used" QF's system to my advantage and as soon as I gained it, I left.

But to what "advantage" I do not know. I get everything I get from QF LTG and more, from BA Gold. However I suppose I liked the idea that when I am 97 years old and only fly once a year I could still have more luggage than my body weight and not pay extra for excess baggage. That is, if QF still exist.

Maybe EK status is actually the best benefit of my QF LTG, but this was not planned, and neither am I particularly planning to fly EK.

In any case I'm against lifetime BA Gold. It should definitely go no further than lifetime BA Silver.

As for the lifetime status based on continuous years of a certain tier - I firmly believe it should only ever be based on one's own earned TPs. Why should my husband, should I choose to gift him the BA Gold, be earning lifetime BA status without having attained a status himself? No, I see no reason for that at all.

I also don't see any reason why it should be OW-wide. Why should BA be paying potentially for life for AA Admirals Club access for someone who earns most BAEC TPs from flying AA?

If I could suggest something to BA, it would be 20,000 lifetime TPs earned from BA flights and BA flights only, for BA lifetime Silver, if that, although I wouldn't even offer a lifetime status at all, in fact.