FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA New Website So Much Better than UA
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:17 pm
xzh445

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by rmannion
In spite of Alex, I love the post-merger changes to the site. Yes, the design is hideous by today's standards, but I'm a huge fan of the improved search tools, especially the monthly calendar view and how information like connect times & mileage accrual is displayed. I fear that any future redesign will hide all that information in modals/popups or even slower AJAX modals in an attempt to appear sleek and simple.
I find the whole "hatin' up on Alex" amusing in the posts above yours. It's a serach engine for the website, plain and simple. When the window pops up, there is a speaker icon with the words "Sound Off". that works fine, and oddly enough, my modern, ultra high tech, wizz bang PC has this fancy thing called a "mute" button. I suspect it has more to do with being a pmCO feature, than anything else, but let's not digress. The pop-up window displays the text, and offers links, for relevant website information. For those asking an Avatar for a date, or rude suggestions about the airline's CEO....well, enough said.

Agreed on the calendars. Both the AA and DL calendars are weak. To search for Dec 2013, you have to click in the date, and then have to click the arrow 11 times to get to Dec. I have noticed the same thing on several of the travelbooking sites as well. The UA calendar has a dropdown w/ month and year. Much faster

Last edited by xzh445; Jan 22, 2013 at 9:02 pm