FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:55 pm
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I just find it amusing that we have some folks who think, that after a few months in the black, DL management are the Almighty's gift to Wall Street.
And I find it amusing that you simply refuse to acknowledge that DL has outperformed the industry for the better part of the last 4 to 5 years. The airline industry is certainly a difficult one, but DL's management has simply performed better than the competition. It isn't just profits, but a merger that is, any way you want to slice it, one of the most successful airline mergers ever. It is solid operational execution. It is smart strategic moves like the LGA swap. Heck, they even come up smelling like roses on their decision to delay delivery of the 787.

Were I the only one saying this, that would be one thing, but DL management is widely respected. That isn't opinion, but fact. Frankly, I suspect you know that, but simply can't bring yourself to admit it.

DL management may be as incompetent as you would have us believe, but if they are, they may very well have the world's largest lucky horseshoe.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
One thing I learned in high school math... when you plot a straight line through too few data points too close together, your chances of getting the slope correct are awfully poor.
One thing I learned in high school was that blind conjecture and reliance upon outdated data is likely to be worse than using even limited data.