FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lifetime loyalty programme soon to be introduced
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:17 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by T8191
Isn't it LTN Phobia who switched to BA after reaching Gold on QF? Loyalty doesn't seem to even last a membership year!
I did indeed jump ship immediately upon attaining QF Lifetime Gold (I had already renewed Qantas Platinum for the year at the time). Loyalty lasted, post-LTG, a big fat 0 hour, let alone one day.

But I have to confess that around 50%, possibly quite a bit more, of the QF status credits that counted towards my QF LTG status came from flying BA anyway, so it was a simple matter of changing the programme to which I credited within OW.

I also have maintained Star Alliance Gold in the last 3 or 4 years while I was crediting my OW flights to QF, so that didn't help loyalty either. Neither is it helping me to stay loyal now - in my first year as BA Gold, I flew Star Alliance enough to get a SEN... because they were quite a bit cheaper than BA at times!

But I am probably a bad example. If someone was keen on an airline status but did not fly enough to keep both OWE/Star Gold for instance, then that person may be more inclined to be loyal.

I don't need to stay loyal to one programme for status, and to be honest, I fly BA because I like flying BA and BA is very convenient for me, not because I am BA GGL, and neither did I fly BA/OW to get the GGL.