FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Matching DM to EXP
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:30 pm
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by theYipster
So when there are fewer DMs and PMs in 2015 thanks to MQDs, hopefully some of that EXP experience will creep over. And then DMs will truly feel special on this larger airline with an admittedly stronger route network, where the cabin modernization program is just about finishing vs. just getting started.
If you honestly expect a dramatic reduction in the ranks, you are likely to be disappointed.

And you won't see a reduction until 3/1/2015.

Even mileage runners will have a good shot at retaining status, as voucher spending will count towards the thresholds.

AA is a troubled airline, but they are digging their way out and they treat EXP members like kings. Heck, I even got welcomed into an Admirals Club lounge at ORD last year like a long lost friend. The agent looked up the incoming flight, and said I could come back in about an hour and have them check on the final departure gate for my flight. And she gave me a brief overview of the lounge, and where I could find amenities.

That was entering with a Plat Amex card. I've never gotten that kind of treatment at a Sky Club, even as a long time member whose membership goes into 2019 now.

David