FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:26 am
Buzzman

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Can anyone give feedback on the UA checking in/security operations at CDG. Is it pretty efficient or typical slow, long line Europe operations there. I have a 11:55am flight, and never flew out of CDG with UA and wanted to know from people's experience how much time I should give from leaving central Paris via car service to typical check-in and security in there terminal.

Also CDG doesn't have a United Club anymore, right??
Security is done at each satelite in terminal 1. You go through passport control into the duty free area. Inside is a club... I was there last month but I didn't really look to see if it had been rebranded to *A Club.. from United Club... I don't think so as *A has a club at the LH-LO Satelite (gates 60-68) and I would have noticed the enhanced food for *A over a UA Club. Perhaps it was. If it was rebranded, it is still in the same location as the old club.

The security at the Satelites is generally limited to the flights or flights they are about to board. I don't find it very long or cumbersome. Helps if you have their fast track security as you go to the front of the line, through a separate line. Generally I find it fine, way better than many others in Europe.