FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WOW! Airtran rates just went astronomical here!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:00 pm
mke9499

Originally Posted by knope2001
All that stuff about seat maps, inventory, fare buckets, etc is generally true. But I'd bet money that is not at all what is gong on here at all.

I'd bet that within a few days, the nonstop flight will include much lower fares, or it will disappear from the schedule.
I concur, knope. Saturday departures show all Coach fare classes available, in both directions, generally, except G and X. Other days of the week show only available seats in Y and W in Coach, and all classes in BC. Those two Coach classes are generally higher than BC fares. Southwest also has nonstops on the route; perhaps the AirTran service is being transitioned over to WN, except on Saturdays. The next schedule extension is due within a couple of weeks. That might also include some changes to explain what's happening with the July CMH-FLL nonstops.

It sure looks like there is something going on with some of the FLL flights on FL - not just the CMH service. The fares for some flight numbers are crazy high - even for BC fares, when no BC seats have even been booked on those flights. The dates are not peak travel times, either.

Last edited by mke9499; Jan 21, 2013 at 11:50 am