FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: When are your upgrades clearing?
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:30 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by limey1K
Not sure why this has to become personal. I stated MY experiences with upgrades. I didn't blame UA for changing capacity. They changed it and its negatively impacted my success rate.

Imaginary people? Not sure what that means but two FC seats at T-96 and 2 FC seats open at check-in and T-1. Those same seats were booked by the time we boarded and I was still #1 on the Waitlist. Those seats were sold or given away to other people. I'm not begrudging UA for selling them if they could. I stated that initially but there's nothing "imaginary" about the people that got the seats.

I happy for you that your on such a CPU friendly route most of the time. There's plenty of us on here that are not and that means our experiences are no less valid than yours.
Not personal and definitely not challenging your experiences - just saying a lot of people want to blame people paying literally tens of dollars as the reason for their seat loss. I've grabbed remaining 1st seatat last minute on misconnects. Maybe someone paid the $159 buy up you were offered. Maybe someone bought a last minute fare. Maybe shenanigans. It's all there. At the end of the day, UA promises CPUs if space is available and as early as 96 hours out for. UA does in fact provide CPUs if space is available and as early as 96 hours out. In an earlier post you said you have a problem with their marketing promises because of your experiences. I'm just saying there's no evidence UA doesn't provide what they're promising.