FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Time to begin to say goodbye
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 am
EDIflyer

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
It's been said incredibly well already in the postings above, but I'd just like to add my small +1 to the comments. I greatly enjoyed my time in the bmi forum, and found it amazingly educational (well that and distracting!).

I remember when first travelling to London a friend queried why I was flying BA and not bmi. I hadn't given much thought to it, but he introduced me to DC and explained how much easier it was to get status! Before I knew it I was hooked and up to BD*S. A bmi sale and a trip from MAN to EWR via ORD got me up to BD*G and there I managed to stay! Of course the EWR trip itself was truly bmi in nature - fabulous on-board product and chef, but complete with an inability to actually check-in for the return flight at EWR as there was no bmi desk there and the ticket had been locked to them! Ended up having to buy a one-way EWR-ORD on the spot but subsequently refunded by BD (eventually ). Thankfully I moved from GLA to EDI before that route went so managed to get another year or so of bmi flying and eGUVing before it all came to an end.

See you all around the other FT fora!!