FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Matching DM to EXP
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:22 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by theYipster
A lot of folks say that the EXP flying experience is superior to the DL flying experience, and I suppose that may be in part because there seem to be far fewer AA EXPs than DL DMs (at least from what I've seen.) AA is a smaller airline, and barring status matches, EXP is harder to obtain than DM (at least until MQDs start.)

So when there are fewer DMs and PMs in 2015 thanks to MQDs, hopefully some of that EXP experience will creep over. And then DMs will truly feel special on this larger airline with an admittedly stronger route network, where the cabin modernization program is just about finishing vs. just getting started.

Sure, AA has eVIPs, better meal service, no FCM, clubs that do indeed provide a reliably quiet respite, an upgrade list that--mostly--doesn't prioritize fare class, and free drinks and snacks on that very rare occasion an EXP is riding in coach... but, honestly? Please, stay away
I don't feel special if I have to pay more than 4 x a coach fare to have a chance to upgrade to a J that with the 77W will be worse.
Less EXPs?
I had battlefield upgrades on SFO-MIA and MIA-JFK without a single empty F seat this year.