FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:24 pm
LAXJFKesq

Programs: AAdvantage, CK, 4 MM; Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by morrisunc
Tiger mgt - who was the largest holder of us airways in 2000 before they went bankrupt said at their quarterly lunch today that merger would be completed by end of Jan with Parker in charge. Robertson said that if he hadn't sworn off airlines after the crash that he would 1) have gone big in us/awa merger and 2) Parker currently most competent airline CEO. But that's just Julian Robertson and I doubt he knows anything.
Yeah, because Robertson who is not at the table knows what is going on?

Parker is the most competent airline CEO? LMAO. On his 5th merger attempt in 5 years. Still cannot integrate US and AWA after 7 years. As I posted previously, US finances is a house of cards. Parker needs this merger badly. If it doesn't happen, watch US's stock drop like a rock! Sorry but Parker reminds me so much of another Wall Street darling -- Bernie Ebbers (former CEO of Worldcom). We all know how that turned out.

morrisunc, reading your posts makes no sense. Your suggestion for AA to retreat from NYC -- the most prized aviation market in the world is a failed strategy! Just go ask the fools at US Airways.