FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004 [2013 archive]
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome divito

Originally Posted by divito
I'm new to the forum and I've been reading lots of different threads with interest, but can't seem to find an answer. The question I have is not BA related, but could well apply to BA (in theory). So apologies in advance for posting in here... but you guys seem to know your stuff!
Welcome divito, welcome to FlyerTalk, and above all welcome to the BAEC forum. You're right that we prefer to talk BA here, but after this experience maybe you will give BA a go in the future! Having said that I know from Inverness airport that you are beyond the scope of BA's direct services, but as I'm sure you know, Flybe connecting into BA allows you to get codeshare tickets. So please make yourself at home here.

And I'm sorry but I am as certain as I can be that you won't have a good claim here. One disadvantage of flying non EU airlines is that they are not beholden to these standards (they are in the other direction leaving the EU) and perhaps unsurprisingly they act accordingly. Or rather, just like EU airlines did before the consumer protection arrived.