FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Success - Post It Here
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:40 am
Kay_nyc

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
Previously, I had been using AF to find availability on flights for using my SkyMiles, but now that isn't as easy as it used to be. I've got about 500,000 SkyMiles to burn through and am willing to go anywhere in the world. What are my options for easiest methods of using SkyMiles? I hear going to Australia on Virgin Australia is an easy use for skymiles. What are some other options for international travel?
I find AeroMexico redemptions really easy, with great availability. From NYC, you can get to Brazil easily via a stopover in Mexico City. You can also get to EZE and SCL, but I find the best availability on the the MEX-GRU route.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing myself, and just blogged about my options here:

https://travelbugdiaryblog.wordpress...next-big-trip/

(I know, it's a shameless plug! No I don't have credit card links. It's a hobby blog.)

I only have 100K SkyPesos, and I'm interested in economy redemptions, so not all of my ideas will apply to you.