FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2000 Avios for "Opt-in" to BA Marketing Emails. Targetted?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:26 am
tooblue

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I would do the opposite if I were you!

Make sure you are opted out and then hope you get one of these emails in the next day or so!
Makes sense to me. It would be amusing if this ploy resulted in an overall reduction in the number of opted-in members.

Perhaps not quite the same as 'marketing'; I had a questionnaire from BAEC recently: citing "about 15-20 minutes to complete". I started it but after about five minutes I was finding it an irritating way to spend 20 minutes; so I quit. Today I got a further email which began: "Recently we sent you an e-mail inviting you to take part in an online survey regarding the British Airways Executive Club. Our records show that you have either not completed the survey, or have not submitted your responses to us."

That sounds rather like a reprimand. How do I opt out of having BAEC or its appointees (Ipsos MORI) from sending me lengthy questionnaires and keeping records on whether I respond? I found a micro-hyperlink at the bottom of my reminder which opts me out of further reminders for this survey but only this specific survey.