FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:59 am
SingaporeDon

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by aster
Hi Don, I've actually decided to switch to the Altitude Visa since I get the same miles/high travel insurance as with the Amex, and the 'verified by Visa' scheme for online transactions is something I like too.

I thought about the UOB card but the amount of extra miles and the sending through of all required documents all over again doesn't have me moving just yet.

I'm not too worried about the validity of points as KF will give you an additional 3 yrs which is plenty of time to do something with them. Not sure about the foreign fx rates as I hardly ever use my card abroad. I make the occasional purchase in USD so if you like I can let you know the purchase date and end fx rate from USD to SGD that was used.
Aster, I switched to the DBS Altitudes Visa six or so months ago as it gives the higher miles than the Citi Premiermiles Visa I was using and is more accepted than the DBS Altitudes Amex.

The UOB PRIVI looks attractive due to:

a) For DBS Altitude the $2,000 per month threshold means you will earn 9,600 krisflyer miles less than the UOB Privi for the same spend ( assuming spend higher than $2,000 per month):

b) For overseas spend the 2.5 miles for S$1 spend that UOB offers is really good. The only problem seems to be the higher FX fees AMEX seems to charge compared to Visa

I might apply for the UOB PRIVI. They are throwing in a free Kenneth Cole watch if you dont already have a UOB credit card. They have a one day approval process, so may not be too bad in terms of paperwork!