FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:12 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by farwest101
Sigh. $45K in MP in one month and you are surprised at the reception you rec'd? You were surely orders of magnitude out of the ordinary usage. Red flags likely went up at a tiny fraction of that amount...

Goldrush mentality at its finest.
Originally Posted by satz
+1 why should they be surprised... 45k is a normal amount of spending in a month.
And if you throw in another +1, you might have your cumulative IQ.

If you're going to open your mouth and make comment, make sure you fully comprehend what was explained, and perhaps the product itself that is being talked about. Otherwise you're just adding self aggrandizing noise to this thread. Besides, what's wrong with using a product by the rules, but to it's extreme? Why the hell did you even decide to join the milebuzz forum if this offends your inner little important self?

But, I digress... Back to your failure in comprehension and lack of product knowledge.

It was NOT the $45K in moneypak volume that got my greendot accounts shut down. It was about $3000 across two Green Dot cards (which btw, you're allowed to have). If you know anything about the product, you would have known that they have no idea who the owner of a MoneyPak is. Thus the comment about $45K is completely irrelevant. Or to spell this out for the slower of you two; they had no idea that I had $45K in MoneyPaks. All they knew about was $3000.

Yes, when they shut down my GreenDot accounts those trifle amounts, that is when I informed them that if they were not going to let me use their card, then I wanted a refund for all the moneypaks I bought for the card. They said 'sure', until they followed up with the question 'how many do you have', to which I informed them of the remaining $35K (recall 70 X $500 is $35K not $45)... and in case you're going to get cute and say $45K - $3K does not equal $45K, do think outside your confined box and understand there are other means for emptying the value of these things out as well.

So, as I was saying...

They shut me down at a mere $3000 loaded in and online bill paid out. So... to hell with them. Give me my refund, as per their own terms and conditions which says so. If you have problems issuing the refund, tell me what you need to process it, don't tell me the check is in the mail, repeatedly for 4 weeks, then tell me 'oops, uhm... actually we put a stop on the check because we needed more information, but, decided not to tell you we needed more information, and further thought it would be a good idea to tell you that the check was in the mail for 4 weeks...'

At any rate, to the two of you: GMAFB! Corporate sycophants, both of you!

Last edited by thehawk75; Jan 17, 2013 at 5:22 pm