FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004 [2013 archive]
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:18 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pacenotes
The cause of the delay is quite a list:

It started with a delay of the crew getting into Heathrow as the crew had to transfer from T5 to T1
Once on the plane in Heathrow they had to go back to the stand due to a tech issue.

They got into the air and they were 2 hours 20 minutes late into Dublin. Now once at Dublin they turned the plane around quicker than Ryanair to get us all back to London.

But once on the plane there was a missing passenger with a bag in the hold so that was needed to be found.

Once they found the bag the captain came on to say that the flight path was now up and would need to apply for a new one. Which we got very quickly and we finally pushed off.

We then stayed on the tarmac for 3 hours due to a air pressure problem ( back to the stand, engineers onboard etc etc.)

We got into London 5 hours 1 minute late at 2am which meant that I had to get a taxi home at my own expense as there was no public transport.

It seems to me that most of it was a BA issue?
Does not sound to me like ExtCircs territory so I would go ahead and ask for the €250 compensation if I were in your shoes.