FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles rules changes for 2013 are here (at delta.com updates, details inside)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:39 am
Akiestar

Programs: DL DM/1MM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by craig44485
So I am a DM and fly 5 TPAC's a year, on M fares, use SWU to BE, and spend $13,500+/-. I make a few domestic trips a year also, all in all earning about 135K MQM's, but live full time in the Philippines. Will this effect me at all, and if so how?

Thanks
The good thing so far is that all these new rule changes should not affect Medallions outside the United States (for now), and I hope they stay that way.

As far as I'm concerned, my loyalty to DL should not be dependent on how much I spend flying DL. It's not my fault that most of my long-haul flying in the last 1-2 years happened to be on other SkyTeam carriers (KL, AF, CZ and AZ for that matter), and yet I'm an FO anyway. At least I still give DL my business, even though they're not making a buck out of it (though I bet they have ways of doing so anyway).

The revenue-based redemption scheme though is majorly scary. It's expensive enough to redeem tickets to the U.S. from the Philippines: what more if they increase the redemption rates even further?