FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles rules changes for 2013 are here (at delta.com updates, details inside)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:15 pm
Deadtail
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Can DL possibly be more inept when it comes to 1) clear, honest communication of policy with customers, and 2) distribution of said policy?

And another thing....why does DL hate MRs? Often they happen on Saturdays when loads are lighter and DL chooses to offer attractive fares. Why are those folks punished by filling otherwise empty seats at prices DL has established?
What you saw was another demonstration of Delta's complete utter incompetence from the CIO down. This wasn't meant for the public side of the website and there's a whole other part of the program that wasn't accidentally published.

I don't want to walk out on a limb because everything is subject to change, but the way I understand it, SWU's are going to gain in value, and cheap deep discount fare's are going to have less value. There's no reason to wring your hands over M fare's, because there are still going to be fares at that price point earning MQM bonus's.

Lastly, is it possible, not including roll over, to make DM at less than $12.5K? Me, if roll over sticks, I'm DM through 2015. I don't have a problem with Delta asking me to fly their airline to the tune of $12.5K annual send to maintain this status.