FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Failed 23 Jan 2013 - Create an Airlines of Mainland China Forum
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:07 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by garykung
I have a suggestion....

1. FT will create a Main Forum for all Chinese airlines (regardless of PRC or Taiwan)

2. In that Main Forum, it will be divided by 2 sub-forums: SkyTeam airlines and Star Alliance airlines.

3. The main forum will serve for those airlines without alliance membership or general questions.

4. The current Cathay Pacific Asia Miles forum will keep standalone (as it is only oneworld member in the Greater China).
You have a new game plan. However, if you read carefully post#1 in this thread, you'd know that's not the motion TBers are voting on.

According to the established Talkboard Guidelines, any new suggestions to a different kind of forum for so-called Chinese airlines will have to wait till this motion for an "Airlines of Mainland China" Forum concludes on Jan 23, 13 at 11:24 pm. Depending on the fate of this current TB motion, your new suggestion may have a chance to be further explored or discussed.

I haven't visited every airline forum on FT but I must point out among those fora I had visited, I have yet to see an airline forum structured in the way you have envisioned, naming point#1 & #2. I also don't know how much research you have done to "project" enough FT traffic to support 2 subforums (SkyTeam & Star Alliance) under a main "all Chinese airlines forum." Not only does that break the current airline organization on FT, but you also must be certain of a huge influx of FT traffic that fancies about "all Chinese airlines." May I ask what data do you use to base your prediction and suggestion on?

FWIW, let me ask all FTers, TBers included, is there really unmet need for FTers to discuss PRC carriers on FT?

Last edited by lin821; Jan 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm Reason: typo