FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Closed My Sapphire Account & Took the UR Points...HELP!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:34 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dparkinson
The difference between my CU is 2.5% to Chase's 0. Anyway, at this point, I can't move money to Chase because that account is gone and I assume I'm precluded from opening another one.
You are saying you deposited cash in your Chase checking account, then use the checking account to pay off your Chase CC due to it being used up to the limit every 4 days? And the card side has to call the bank side to make sure the fund is indeed available even you said it was Cash Deposit?

There are some areas that I really am confused, or fail to understand.

1) Cash deposit is available immediately. Why would the CC side needs to call the bank side to make sure the fund is cleared before it can be used to pay the card?

2) I gather you have to deposit the cash at a branch as cash deposit cannot be done remotely. If so, why even bother to go thru the checking account? You could literally pay off the card with cash right at the branch. There is no need to go thru the checking account at all.

3) Based on the above I suspect what you deposited was not cash but a check written on your CU account. And the check has to clear the system first. Meanwhile you could not hardly wait to use the fund.

Since you said what you did with the checking account was "sketchy" by your own admission, exactly what you did with your checking account?

If you feel your checking account is closed by the bank without sufficient reasons, why dont you contact the government agency that regulate banks? They are very responsive in consumers' complaints on unfair treatments from the banks which in turn, are very responsive once government is involved.

The story has a lot of missing parts. The bank account closure due to frequent cash deposits is "sketchy" enough.