FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:36 pm
KCOLLIS

Programs: AC*SE
RunningWithScissors said,
"Since they came up with the scipt above, that's the only response I've seen. They are consistent, and the position is in line with published policy. But it's crappy service to what are supposed to be your most valuable customers, IMHO"
I know what he means in his post but I respectfully disagree that AC has been consistant. If they said "here is the cut off date" and stuck with it, that would be fine. The fact that they continued to grant status for some, but not others, is what I consider the problem. I saw one post on this forum where the OP said he surpassed 100,000 on Nov. 26th and got full SE status rec. I surpassed 100,000 on Nov. 27th and got nothing. It has also been suggested that that happened because of when the miles posted to my account and had to show up by the Dec. 2nd sweep. Well, when the miles posted was something I had no control over. They should have decided that, for instance, if you took the flights before Nov. 30, for instance, that no matter when the miles posted, the FF would get the status, or, of course, give no one status after Oct. as they said in thier info. I'm really regreting choosing AC over KLM with my travel to Africa. I'm an oil worker and KLM gives oil workers Petrolieum Status right away that gives preferred seating in economy+, access to lounges, etc... and when you acquire miles you can still upgrade, get free flights. etc... but I chose to keep my companies cash in Canada. Oh well, there is always next year.