FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [consolidated] Prepaid SIM cards in USA
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:57 pm

Red face [consolidated] Prepaid SIM cards in USA

Wow, I have been Googling for hours now, and I still can't figure out what to do on my travel to California.

I have an unlocked iPhone 4 that I would like to use and I need lots of data, around 5GB with a relatively fast connection.

I am aware of the AT&T option, but it would require me to use around $60 on a phone to get the SIM card, and on the most expensive prepaid plan, I'm not getting more than 1GB of data anyway. Not a very good option.

Then there's T-mobile. But as I don't want to be stuck with EDGE speeds, they're out of the picture.

There's a handfull of prepaid operators like H2O wireless, Straighttalk etc. but the first will not fit my needs for data, and the latter will not accept data use for streaming music etc. Also, Straight Talk doesn't have CA dealers.

So have anyone out there a good option for me? Maybe a solution that I haven't discovered yet?

I have been many places around the globe, including developing countries, which are totally hassle free on these matters compared to the US. Help me please