FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lanka Trip Report: Tea Trails, Amanwella, Amangalla
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:02 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs up a most valuable FTalker

aa213bb being quite a new (and also young) FTalker he is extremely valuable to our community. I have met him personally and can assure you that he is an extremely knowledgeable and lovely person.

Regarding the train ride to Hatton I would prefer the 0555 AM Exporail. Their carriage has an ample open platform on both sides where you can linger outside enjoying the morning breeze and the views over the mountains.

As mentioned they have a flatscreen TV inside and you can escape its noise . Sri Lankans are very noisy people even compared to other Asians and this can be an issue at Tea Trails. The village nearby Tientsin is a known problem, but even at Castlereagh we had loud music from far away due to a special event at very improper times. But this is what you have to endure when you visit this lovely country.