FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:17 am
Condition One

Programs: Free Agent
Just finished a 3 day stay at this property. I booked a C&P rate, and it’s an incredible value! My booking rate included a one-way complimentary airport transfer (not sure if it’s free for all guests now), which was a very nice touch. My return transfer cost $7. A few days prior to arrival, I called the hotel with my flight information, and was subsequently sent a confirmation email. Upon exiting the airport, a driver was waiting for me. It was about a 15 minute drive to the hotel, which seemed to be the closest hotel to Angkor Wat, but a 7 minute ($2) tuk-tuk ride to the city center.

I was upgraded to a corner suite about 3 days prior to arrival, so I knew what I was getting. The room is very spacious, with sliding doors between the living and bedroom. There was a toilet near the entrance, and the main bathroom was a bit smaller than I was expecting, but fine for one person. Water temperature varied a little but it was of no major concern. Shower pressure was very high. Water smelled of iron/rust for the first few minutes so I just let it run awhile before I got in the shower. Toilet water was always yellow.

4 bottles of water are provided per day. No major deal, but there were maybe 2 power outages a day that I was aware of, each lasting 1-3 seconds. Upon check-in, I was given 2 WiFi logins. Internet speed is fast, but annoyingly, you have to re-login with their userid and password every time after you disconnect. Breakfast is free for Plats, and is below average for Asia (nothing special), aside from their pastries and baked goods, which are excellent. Room service was fast and good.

The gym opens at 6am, and is really small. Two treadmills, one elliptical, one bike, and one weight machine. A one hour basic massage at the spa is $45. It’s significantly less in town (starting at $5/hour). However, they had a special “Temple Out” coupon which consists of a Foot, Head, and Hand massage for $25.

If you choose to arrange a driver for a day through the hotel, it’s $35 for a full day (add $15 for Banteay Srei), and $20 for a half day (4 door sedan). An English speaking guide is $18/day. It seemed really reasonable compared to other rates I was finding online.