FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:00 am
Cloudwanderer

Originally Posted by thailandbound
Hi All - I'm trying to book a Thailand honeymoon in mid June from Washington DC to Phuket, with a two night stopover in Bangkok on the return trip. ....And can anyone give me some tips/suggestions on finding an alternate route to cross the Pacific?
Are you set on flying over the pacific? From DC it might be easier/quicker to go via Europe...

For example OS has daily flights to BKK from VIE. There are also a few direct flights from IAD to VIE on week of 15th June. Also daily flights from NY and flights over the weekend from ORD. Their new business class product looks cool - although I am not sure if the IAD flights will have it - see here.

Taking OS all the way to BKK you will have to layover most of the day in Vienna.... If that doesn't interest you then do a search on the united site for alternative flights VIE-BKK. There are some TG flights that go from different stops around Europe that might have more convenient timing.

Alternatively going via IST has better connection times. Their business class has a reputation of being a good product.

If you are set on going over the pacific - it does seem that there are very few flights available from the east-coast to TYO/ICN for mid-june. (check AC for a couple of flights YYZ-TYO. Also NH NYC-TYO). There is a bit of availability from SEA/LAX/SFO to TYO/ICN - but then you will have to deal with transcon. in Y.

Via Europe seems a better bet...