FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:57 pm
gusd

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Experience transfering A to Z

Since I asked many questions in this thread lately, I thought I would follow up. I had to transfer A34 to Z58 yesterday, 80 minutes between the flights (30 minutes to boarding time), inbound A319 outbound A380. Incoming flight late about 15 minutes, captain said FRA was deicing the runway, so we had to circle for a few minutes. Timings with a brisk walk on the moving walkways:
  • gate A34 to the new LH Lounge in Z using the escalator up to Z near gate A26: ~10 minutes. 1 person in front of me at the booth they verify your documents: less than a minute, no line at passport control
  • about 10 minutes in the Lounge, mostly to get a UA boarding pass for my onward flight from IAH and figuring out why my bag tag had the wrong flight number for the last leg. By the way, for those connecting to UA, there is a person working for UA in the lounge
  • Lounge to Z58: about 5 minutes (monitors said 7), and boarding hasn't started yet.

So, even with the flight being 15 minutes late, I even had a few minutes in the lounge. Without the lounge, A34 to Z58 is doable in 15-20 minutes. The FRA app said I had to walk 1300 meters

By the way, boarding the A380 is like a zoo