FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:17 am
OneWorldTraveller

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Very disappointing stay..

I just moved from adjacent Park Hyatt after 3 nights stay. Wow.. Sheraton Zurich is unbelievably disappointing hotel..

1) Room
Pre-upgraded to executive room two days before check-in, even though there are several junior suite I can see. Upon check-in, I asked one more time, and they said they didn't have any available suite.. But, I could see the junior suite at spg.com.. No more argue, a trainee is doing his job desperately without knowing anything.. Room itself is not that bad, renovated and well maintained regardless of extremely small room size. Anyway, I don't know why they lie to me.. And, from the fact they pre-upgraded me to an executive room, they didn't want to me upgrade to a junior suite in any case.. They should have been more frank to me.. Very disappointed with this issue..

2) Check-in
- No platinum recognition, even they asked my SPG plastic card.. haha..
- No Plat amenity was offered.. I had to ask them.. They said point would be fine, but I'm pretty sure it will be missed..
- No late check-out was asked..
- No explanation for internet..
- No explanation for breakfast..
- Only drink coupon was explained

3) Internet..
I could see wi-fi is available, but there is no option for room number and last name. I called front desk, and a woman immediately replied me she was doing check-in, so she will call back soon. I waited 10min, no call back. I had to wear my clothes and go back to the front desk. Wireless is not working, guest has to pay with credit card.. Sucks.. only wired internet is working.. Anyway I connected internet after 30min waiting. Very slow speed..

4) Breakfast
When I went back to the front desk to ask wi-fi, I slightly complained why I was not explained anything upon check-in. Then, she said sorry, and explained I can have breakfast for free at the restaurant from 7:30am..

5) Free drink coupon
I asked a draft beer. Again, I had to wait to have a cup of beer for 5mins. So many bubbles came out which means the beer is very unfresh.. Indeed, taste was very bad.. I sip once, and just threw away..

6) Restaurant
Closed on Sat/Sun.. wow.. very limited option for room service.. I had to go out to have a dinner.. There are quite good restaurants along Beethoven street (one block away where Park Hyatt locates..)

7) Overall..
I can't believe how this hotel is in category 6 (I know this is based on the price) in the heart of Zurich.. Very poorly managed hotel. It looks like a ghost hotel, comparing super vibrant and active Park Hyatt Zurich, just 2 mins walking distance.. (I agree comparing Park Hyatt to Sheraton is not a good sense..) Anyway, I really regret to stay here.. Hilton ZRH or 4P at Sichcity would be much better choice.. I'm very happy to stay here just for 1 night.. Only good point will be a free breakfast of around 39CHF.. (Breakfast was not so bad.. platinum seats have free champaign exclusively..)

Honestly, this hotel is shame on SPG.. No matter what, I will never come back here..

Last edited by OneWorldTraveller; Jan 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm