FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines and the Lost Stroller
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:17 pm
icedancer

Programs: Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by B1
We gate-checked the stroller on our flight out of DFW on AA and then were told that they didn't have room for it (or other strollers) on our flight. When we got to our destination, AA had no clue as to what would happen. After several days, they called to say that they found it. But what showed up was the bottom half - they had only tagged the lower part. They they demanded a trip to the airport to fill out a claim with the original receipt. They will let us know in about ten weeks what they will do. Lesson:
1. American Airlines is bankrupt for good reasons - one of them is their poor service.
2. Always have tags on every part of a stroller.
3. Try to insist that the gate-checked item go on the flight because the infant needs to be in it at the other end.
4. Choose an airline that is not currently bankrupt.
That sucks. So sorry to hear that. If they had told me that in advance, I would probably have requested to be put on another flight.

Four years ago, when I was traveling AA with my then-2-month-old daughter from LAX-MIA, my suitcase (with extra formula, business suits for me, and virtually all of the shower gift baby clothes I had received) got lost -- it was likely stolen off the baggage claim belt, but we'll never know. I got a $3000 check for replacement of the lost articles after submitting the proper paperwork. I was happy with how it was resolved, but I don't go out of my way to fly them anymore.