View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 13, 3:12 pm   #4
dave1013

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Like finkface, I am a bit confused. (But that's nothing new!)

My understanding of your situation is, you buy a ticket having selected the MVP Gold Upgrade fare type. You find, after having completed the transaction, that you cannot upgrade into the F cabin as you expected you would be able to.

I made a dummy JNU-LAX rez and selected the MVP Gold Upgrade fare type. That brought up many available flights, many of which had the gold U at the right edge of the Flight Information box. Hovering the cursor over any old gold U brought up a small dialog box that said "Flight Available for MVP Gold Upgrade". If I had made a choice of flights that had these gold U's and, once the purchasing part was done, I found that I was not able to consummate the upgrade into F - I would be pi$$ed. That said, I have never had that experience before. I just always made sure to confirm that the upgrade was available with the cursor-hovering maneuver prior to completing the purchase.

I also noticed that some of the flights in my dummy rez had greyed-out U's with slashes through them. The dialog box for those U's said "Instant Upgrade Unavailable". That may be what's happening with you, but I can't imagine you would buy a ticket with a slashed U and then expect to get an instant upgrade after the transaction was complete.

Can you clarify if this was the process you've been following?
dave1013 is online now   Reply With Quote