FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tea Trails, Sri Lanka
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:07 pm
sfoactuary

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
A lot of great information in this thread as well as the Aman Sri Lanka thread. Hoping to get recommendations from you all that have been to Sri Lanka, and also have a logistical question regarding transportation:

1. I've just finalized by honeymoon plans for November and ended up adding Sri Lanka to the tail end of the trip for 3 nights before heading home. Based on what I've read thus far, it sounds like I should probably just choose just 1 destination to spend those 3 nights given the amount of driving required between destinations. At this point, Tea Trails is my #1 choice - my question is whether I should spend all 3 nights there or is it worth it to do 2 nights at Tea Trails and then try and squeeze in another night at Amangalla (not really considering Amanwella since we'll be coming from Maldives)

2. Has anyone had experience with early flights out of Colombo? My flight will depart at 9:45am - would it be cutting it too close to leave Tea Trails that morning, or should I plan to spend the night in Colombo closer to the airport. The information Tea Trails sent indicates a distance of 160km and travel time of 4.5 hours - just wondering if this is pretty accurate based on people's experience.