FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Airways Royal First Class on 747 and A380
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:18 am
Globalist

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Airbus A380 Inaugural flight with First Suites (Cabin)

Lets be honest, all this event stuff is nice but in the end the main event is the cabin, the seat, the service and the flight itself.

The next 3 posts are all about that.

The layout of the cabin is 1-2-1 with 3 rows giving 12 seats. The oldest THAI 747 had that cramped in the nose section. (yes there are still 2 of those flying around and you never know...). The newest 747 has 9 suite type seats while the most common one has 10 shell type F seats which I have always really liked as well.

My seat on this flight was 3A. Normally I like 1A just because of symbolic I guess but on the 747 because it is the quietest and most private. On the A380 there is a common space in front of 1A so you have a curtain with behind there a little lounge, the bar and the main lavatory. Trust me there is traffic! Behind 3A there is a storage space for the galley and behind 3K there is a smaller lavatory.

On board before take off it was quite an event with people checking out the cabin. Perfectly fine and more important, during the flight this did not happen at all.

The seat is similar to the new 747 suite type seat but there are some differences. The screen is bigger and it is just a little bigger and feels more luxurious.

The table however only slides back and forth while in the 747 it slides down the stowage area on the left.

Sharp eyes had already seen it (no, not the glass of DOM). the RIMOWA toiletry bag. I was excited to have it again and hope they keep it.

The contents is always small but I love the L'Occitane lip-balm, lotion and cologne.

I can only say, this is an amazing cabin.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Jan 11, 2013 at 6:32 am