FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Critique My Next Round of Apps Please
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:29 pm
BQatWSU

Originally Posted by ayya
One business (ink plus) and one personal (southwest RR) resulted in only 1 experian enquiry for me.

I suggest going with ink plus since you already have ink bold.

I applied for CSP in April and got Exp/Trans inquiries. Same thing happened in June (SW) and August (United/Ink Bold). It seems they will pull both regardless for me. Do you think they would let me switch my bold with a plus even though I don't have much business income? I know I can say I want a non-charge card and all, but the discussion could get in the gray area for me if too many questions are asked. I reported $100 income last year and was approved for ink bold. I mainly use it for utilities and OD

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
That looks like too many cards from 1 issuer. It may be possible but I have not seen many people report success on this. I have received 2 chase personal cards in 1 go but 3 maybe stretching it. I applied for 2 BoA and 1 BoH card and they didn't approve my 2nd BoA card. Also, the HA miles cards are not great value (unlike UA 50k, Hyatt or CSP when the bonus was higher). I see that you are looking for Hilton points so I presume you know the value (the $79 AF is NOT waived 1st year).

Good luck & please report how your apps go.

I agree with you about a lot of cards from chase actually. I wanted to save my 3rd app for a hotel card which is why I considered a second freedom (low sign up bonus, but another opportunity to max out quarterly bonuses when applicable). Maybe the other southwest card is an option. I don't need the companion pass so no need to save it for later.

I understand the annual fee for the BOA/BOH cards are NOT waived. Same with the hilton reserve and such. I'll update on what I actually do and how it goes.

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
OP got three of FIA cards in the same month, so I guess he's doing it again.
I agree that 3 personal from Chase is stretching it.

Btw OP, it seems like you had them opened for 4 months? Somebody might notice you're a churner.

Yes, I had the Virgin Atlantic and Bank of Hawaii cards open for 4 months. Your comment about appearing as a churner is right on. I've considered that too and also when I would apply again. I originally had the apps in May, but moved them up and moved the Barclays down. I recently read about people getting 4 instant approvals on the Barclays and was considering a few cards from them, but was going to move that to May as I didn't like any of their cards except the US AIR.

So, is the consensus I should try for the CSP and Ink Plus? Is there a realistic chance I can exchange my Bold for the Plus with my very low "business" income?

Should I postpone the BOA/BOH apps for later and perhaps move up the Barclays (I have the NFL card from $400 bonus last yr, and a converted Sallie Mae 5% CB on groceries/gas/books card)?