FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:59 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davisew
One update as I quickly read it was under Section 3 where it states there are no married segments for award tickets. I didn't think these existed on DL either until I found, booked (and flew) one.

This was on a CVG-PDX RT, which is a direct with a stop in SLC. No change in gauge; outbound was same a/c both segments, return was different. Anyway, same flt # (obviously) for both outbound and both return segments. Was available and booked at Low when booking as the direct flight, while individual segments were pricing at Medium or High (confirmed beyond the calendar).

In a nutshell, the Denolloyd segment method would have yielded a higher cost for this itin vs. the standard method, which leads me to believe that married segment pricing was at play here.
Thanks for the input, I've updated it to make it more clear. Since that thread was specifically for partners I should have made it more clear. You are correct on DL metal you can have married segments, for partners or mixed I do not believe you can.

If I am still wrong please let me know and I'll update accordingly.