FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton La Colonia Uruguay [Master Thread]
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:09 pm
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Update: Ended up not getting charged for spa access. Chose breakfast, so no points, but as I learned after re-reading the benefits, this is correct. Property is a bit older, but we enjoyed it for a nice break from Buenos Aires. There is a beach, but I wouldn't want to swim in the Rio de la Plata. The pool area is spacious and nice. Service is ok.

While we were there, there was a HUGE thunderstorm. We were having dinner in the restaurant and we thought the windows were going to be blown out, so sort of hastily left the room. 4 windows in guest rooms were actually blown out. In the room next to ours, they had left the window open, and the wind was so strong that one could not open the room door. There was stuff flying all around. Everyone had to leave their rooms. One car got smashed by part of the carport coming down.

The staff did a good job trying to handle the situation. I found people to be quite friendly and nice.