FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 13, 1:28 pm
westcoastman

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

It's been a while since I have done it so I wanted to check to see if there have been any changes into doing a same day change. It looks like for non-elites it has moved to a 6 hour window before the target flight (10pm the day prior for MVP & Gold)

The website only lists FIVE requirements:
  • Reservations and tickets for flights operated by Alaska Airlines (metal).
  • Identical routing - so no changing to a co-terminal or non-stop.
  • New flight must depart the same day.
  • Flights midnight-4am can depart 10pm just prior.
  • Cannot be Group or AS Vacations booking.
Is that really it or are there other requirements? I assume if you are flying on AS metal you could make the change on any ticket including codeshares, etc.

Long ago, when they first started this, the airport agent thought I was crazy for asking to be put on a very full earlier flight for $25 that was leaving pretty soon so I just walked over to the kiosk and put myself on it for $25. Since then I don't trust any airport and phone agents to be honest in making these kinds of changes for me although it says on the website that they have the ability to do it. Does anyone really think that when you call up the phone agent that they will change your flight for $25 without going through the $100 + fare difference dog and pony show. Or telling you it's under airport control UNLESS you pay the piper.

Also, is it possible to do a SDC online after you have already done OLCI?

Last edited by westcoastman; Jan 10, 13 at 7:45 am