FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important ROP Changes regarding Status Evaluation and Mileage Expiration
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:45 am
BKKROP

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by A_Lee
. So I'm basically a nobody who wants to get some of those benefits I got used to, which is why I'm anxious to get TG Platinum if it doesn't cost me too much.
No way, I remember when you were flying your seat off, I was doing the same, I used to read kiwiflyer because he was a new Zealander, then I moved to Bangkok and followed tk and the heavy flyers. I learnt quickly about the programs and in Bangkok it is not what you know but who you know. Go back a year or two, and I told you to give TG everything you're got because the new card is on it's way, they wanted to reward passengers that flew premium class. The general response was too hard from the posters. I am just back from a break and during it I paid for economy tickets around the region, now everyone asks do you get upgraded, the answer is yes, but not as much as I used to. My thoughts are you will not get Plat, but what is wrong with gold, I got 2 upgrades a year when gold, they never allowed me into the First lounge then, but that was alright, I was getting the massages and by manipulating credit cards and banks I was getting the miles.. If travelling 50,000 a year the thai gold card is brilliant, read the rules and play accordingly and don't believe people who say it can't be done, but it is damn hard trying to do the right thing by more than one card. You have to say oz is the way i am going or Tg is, divide the mileage and you lose. I learnt the hard way trying to keep 3 cards working and listening to every new idea, opening FFp as if they were going out of fashion. happy flying