FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tea Trails, Sri Lanka
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:35 am
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Tea trails

We were just there over New Years and had a fabulous time. We stayed at Norwood in the master suite. Norwood was not my first choice but we loved it, and I think we definately had the best room at Norwood. It was large with a private garden looking at fabulous views. It had a separate living room and a nice bathrrom. The views from Norwood are spectacular. The service was terrific. I agree very Aman like and actually better than Amans in Sri Lanka ( not than Indonesia and some others). The food was the best we have had on this trip by far ( we are currently winding up our Sri Lanka trip at amanwella). Btw we loved both Amans and the service was good just, a Bit off what we expect from some of the other properties. Nothing I have or will complain about its just that tea trails service was so personal and just superb! And of course we loved both Amans as well ( will write up later) just wanted to emphasize the great personal service at tea trails.

We also looked at the other bungalows while there. Summerville was empty as they were expecting a family taking over the whole thing that night so we saw every room. If we were to return I would book the shuttle worth master suite there. It was great. Other rooms wre also very nice. Views from the cottage of the lake were spectacular. The only thing I would say about Summerville is since it is very small, and all the bedrooms are right next to each other, if you had people staying there there taking 2-3 rooms or taken up by people travelling together in a group it could be a problem. Norwood is a bit chopped up so you really do have a lot of places you can go in addition to your room to be alone. Of course the chopped up is not as beautiful either but we loved it.

We had lunch at castlreigh and tiensen but could not see any of the rooms as fully booked. My impression on castlreigh was great with its position on the lake. Tientsin is far away. Charming, but we heard from guests staying there it can be very noisy at night as there is a local village nearby. Evidently on New Year's Eve and New Years night the guests were kept up all night with the noise so something to check on.

Anyway we loved tea trails and would highly recommend. Service and experience are luxury. Rooms nice - maybe not what we call luxury on this site but such a great experience I cannot imagine people would dislike!

Agree with BeHuman the walks are great! We walked to castlreigh from Norwood, had a nice lunch and were driven back to Norwood, stopping at Summerville to have full tour since guests had not arrived yet!

Great place to spend a special occasion. New Years was just the way we like it. Great extra special dinner and very low key evening chatting with a couple we met from the uk drinking a glass of port and asleep by 12:05!